Yep. You heard that right. I'm joining Val over at StuckInBooks!
Val and I have been friends for a while. We first met officially (i.e. in person) at Jennifer L. Armentrout's Opal release party in Houston. Then we ran last year's Lux readathon together, and...yeah. We've been friends for a while. We buddy read together and it's always a great time.
And then one day, we got talking about co-blogging. After discussing it a bit, we decided we were going to do this thing.
And now here we are! I even have this wonderful new button:
I probably love that thing more than I should.
Val welcomed me to the blog today, and you can check that post out here. It's a lovely post and gives me warm fuzzies. It also makes my brother think he's going to be famous. But whatever. To each his own.
Now, there's probably one big question here. I know.
What's going to happen to Just a Booklover?
My answer? I'm not sure. Not right now. What I do know is that my blog is going to still be here. It's going to get very lonely, since StuckInBooks will be my main focus from now on. I am by no means saying goodbye to blogging--I'm just moving.
I'm not really saying goodbye to Just a Booklover, either. Because I'm clingy. But seriously, it'll probably turn into a ghost town.
Here are some things I DO know right now:
- I am 100% SUPER EXCITED to be joining StuckInBooks. We've had this in the works for a little while now, and we've been bursting at the seams to share the news! Seriously, you have no idea how happy we are that we finally get to tell everybody!
- I will keep my 2014 Reads tab updated. Because I really like having that list. It's helpful and makes me feel all reading accomplished.
- I will keep updating my Review Archive. I like having one solid place to go to and see ALL of my reviews, spanning Just a Booklover, Bookish, YA Bound, and now StuckInBooks.
- I still have a little planned for Just a Booklover. For the next week and a half-ish, I have a handful of reviews and one blog tour post planned to go up. So it's not over QUITE yet. It's stuff I've had planned for a while or books I've had reviews laying around for that I've been meaning to post.
- I'm still a part of Bookish and YA Bound. My moving to StuckInBooks has nothing to do with that. :)
Now here are some things I'm contemplating:
- I MIGHT post on here every once in a while. Like, once or twice a month. I'm not sure. I might need a place to post a thing at some point, and I still consider Just a Booklover an option for that. Not exactly my first option, but it's here. It always will be.
- I MIGHT still celebrate my blogoversary and holidays and stuff. But I don't know. I'm kind of playing it by ear on this stuff.
- My Monthly Re-Reads will probably move to YA Bound. I really enjoy doing those re-reads, so I know I'll keep them around. I'm just deciding WHERE I want to do that. My best guess at this moment is YA Bound. It would be my last/first post every month there. But we shall see.
The biggest, most important thing is that StuckInBooks is my new focus. Just a Booklover will always be my baby and I will never ever stop loving this blog, but Val and I have some fun stuff planned for the future over on StuckInBooks. Blogging takes a crap ton of time and can feel like work sometimes, but we're making it fun. We're KEEPING it fun. So yay!
Thank you all so, so much for all your awesomeness. If you're not already following StuckInBooks, you should totally head on over and do that. That blog is so great, I CANNOT EVEN. I'm still stunned that I get to have a part in the greatness.
I heart you all bunches and bunches and am super pumped to start being a part of StuckInBooks!